Thursday, February 23, 2006

It's Writing Time!

Yup, I finished reading Mystic Empire by Tracy and Laura Hickman. Turns the Bronze Canticles wasn't a trilogy. Anyhoo, you're not to read the review here - I got it as an advance copy (doesn't even come out until April) so you're going to have to wait your turn and read it at The Green Man Review.

In other writing news, I've been sought out and given an assignment by the editor of one of my city's weekly magazines, SEE Weekly. It's an interview, something I'm usually pretty iffy about doing, and it's kinda last minute, but it's a legitimate publication that loves hiring young people (and especially Gateway alumni), and also, did I mention? They pay. As in, real money. So hurrah for me - a little extra spending money - too bad I already spent it, ordering Storyteller: 27 Years of the Clarion Workshop and the three final books of Kate Elliot's Crown of Stars series. Heh heh heh.

So anyway, the assignment's really flattering, mostly because I didn't go looking to be working for SEE, they looked me up and liked what I wrote and so came and asked me. So, lots of writing. And still lots of reading - but it's very encouraging to see the pictures up on the sidebar.

Also, have you been to the Official Spider-Man Movie Website? They're giving Spidey a BLACK COSTUME for the third movie! This can mean only ONE thing - VENOM! Topher Grace is Venom! Whoohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment