Monday, June 04, 2007

Rejected by Flytrap, books, and a contest

But I got some comments on this one - the editor said he loved the title of "Parasite: A Love Story" and that my writing was "nice." He also said the story wasn't the right feel for Flytrap, so now I'm all embarrassed. Let's face it, I'm just going to have to set up a fund so I can order copies of these magazines. I've read copies of most of them, but I went with my gut for Flytrap and now I'm afraid I might have made that rookie mistake of sending something completely wrong to them. I hope I didn't - I hope it just wasn't the right tone for it.

Anyway, I'm now going to have to find a new home for "Parasite: A Love Story," but that won't be so hard. I'm sorry I haven't been updating as much as I'd like -- believe me, reviews of Knocked Up, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, and Melusine are all forthcoming, I swear -- but my two jobs have been keeping me really busy. I have two ten-hour days this week (five hours for one job, five hours for another) and about three nights where I won't be home until midnight. Ah well, it's money, isn't it?

Also - I just received a big ol' sack (not even kidding) filled with books to review from Green Man, and I bought about five books at the discount book place by the university because the departing massage therapist at my receptionist job gave me a gift certificate, so I have about thirty-two unread novels on my shelf. To read by August (when I start reading my University novels). Shame on me. Shame, shame, shame. But at least I've got a new reading system - a one for them, one for me system. One book to review, then one fun book for me - unless it's a series.

I also entered a contest over at Dionne Galace's blog. It's in the comments section - and I had to write a 200-word fight scene between two romantically involved characters. Basically, I put a fantasy twist on it (as I do with nearly everything) - I think it's pretty good. The webmistress will pick the best three (or four) and then people vote. So if mine (AnimeJune's) gets picked, you'll all vote for me, won't you? Please please?

No comments:

Post a Comment